Auction has ended.
From the late 1890’s, Armor Bronze was known as National Metalizing Company, NYC. The company adopted the name Armor Bronze as their trade name, and remained in NYC until the mid 1930s. In 1934, they moved to Taunton, MA, and in 1946, changed their name to Armor Bronze & Silver Company. By 1950, they had phased out all electroformed bronze-clad bookends.
The tell-tale identifier of old original bronze-clad bookends is the indentation or de-pression on the underside of each bookend showing where the hanging wire was cut off.